BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Big Sky

Montana is a large state. Today we drove about 250 miles to Bozeman, Mt up and down mountain passes. It is truly a beautiful state. The clouds rose above us forming small bundles interspersed by bright blue sky. This was set against a mountainous backdrop littered with flowing streams and evergreens. At one point, all you could see was towering evergreens on each side of you as you drove. A sight I can never forget. We made a pit stop in Missoula for lunch and found a local fast Mexican joint. I got a veggie burrito on a whole wheat wrap and Chris got two pork tacos on corn tortillas. It was a satisfying lunch. We made it to Bozeman by 5:30 pm and sat to have dinner at a local brew pub. I enjoyed a green salad (local organic greens) with goat cheese, beets, and cherry tomatoes with chicken in balsamic vinaigrette. Chris tried the Angus beef burger with cheese. We both had some of the local microbrews. Afterward we decided not to go on to Yellowstone just yet and camp in Bozeman for the night. We found a campground surprisingly in the city. The only downfall was the proximity of the camp sites to I-9o. Oh well, we were tired and didn’t know what we’d find in Yellowstone. We plan to start bright and early tomorrow morning to drive through the park. Oh and we stopped at the Community Food Co-op, which was lots of fun (at least I though so!). We’ve decided that stopping for food is just not plausible for the duration of the trip. Well we’ve known this, but hey it’s our vacation! So we picked up a few items to make it through the next couple of days until we make it to Chris’ mom’s place in Salt Lake City, Ut.

3 comments:

Ryah said...

I love the co-op in Bozeman! Plus the Good Food Store in Missoula is bigger and better than PCC or Whole Foods and is LOCAL!

Give me a call soon and let me know when you think you'll be in CO! Can't wait!

Reed Vawter said...

I think Bozeman is the coolest town in MT! I hope Yellowstone treats you better than it did me (just don't stop at the same place I did next to the river - I think it has a magical car-break-down effect :)

Sabrina said...

Hey lady, we need pictures! It was weird to come back and know you aren't here. Hope you're having fun! I love Yellowstone. :)